When I was looking for a carrot cake recipe to experiment with freezing cake batter, I ended up combining a few different recipes I found to make this wonderful moist carrot cake, using what I had on hand and what we like.
How to make Moist Carrot Cake:
Combine 2 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 1 cup drained crushed pineapple, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cloves, 4 cups peeled and shredded carrots, 1 cup raisins, 1 cup olive oil, and 4 eggs together. Mix together well.
Pour into greased and floured baking pans.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven. 9×13 pan–40-45 minutes; 8-9″ round pans–30-35 minutes; Cupcake or mini-cake pans–7-10 minutes.
While the cakes were baking, we mixed up some Cream Cheese Frosting, which I found on Farm Bell Recipes.
We frosted while the cake was still warm, but you can wait until it’s cooled if you like
Here's the full recipe and printable!
Moist Carrot Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1-9"X13"; 2-9" round;24 cupcake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 4 cups peeled and shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Combine all ingredients and mix together well.
- Pour into greased and floured baking pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven. 9x13 pan--40-45 minutes; 8-9" round pans--30-35 minutes; Cupcake or mini-cake pans--7-10 minutes.